VOOT 5.66 on XBLA this April, 1200 points

Discuss the Virtual-On series.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Re: VOOT 5.66 on XBLA this April, 1200 points

Post by Knoxximus »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:Ikaruga is fun, but hard.

Haven't played Geo wars yet.
GeoWarz is like electronic crack. It really is that good. It kicks your butt, but in a good way. I actually have a Radiant Silvergun arcade cab that needs fixing...and no one can seem to fix it. :cry:
Sergeant Knoxximus, Pilot #24 reporting for duty SIR!!
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Testament/Seven7 »

Knoxximus wrote:

GeoWarz is like electronic crack. It really is that good. It kicks your butt, but in a good way. I actually have a Radiant Silvergun arcade cab that needs fixing...and no one can seem to fix it. :cry:
I"m not exactly a "pro" at fixing arcade cabs, but if i may ask, whats wrong with it?
Marz First Lt. Testament, Temjin pilot

Xbox live gamertag: Lt Testament
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:
Knoxximus wrote:

I"m not exactly a "pro" at fixing arcade cabs, but if i may ask, whats wrong with it?
It is just totally jacked. I got it for free when this new merchant bought out part of the Chinatown plaza and was cleaning out his inherited storage. Screen is totally ****, wires everywhere. I mean, I've wired up my own MAME cab just peachy, but this thing just needs an overhaul. I plan to get a new monitor eventually, but I just hope that that Sega arcade board is still functional.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

Oh........dang....

Now, normally, this would be the point I offer to take it off your hands for you...but erm, lets see, I dunno where you live, have no "easy" access to a truck of some kind, and would probrably leave behind the jungle of wires...and the monitor, and any/all the guts since you probrably want those...and i'd probrably forget something vital ^^;;;;;;;;;;

(like the control panel)

Anywho, yeah, if it's that bad, then a re-wire, or at least wire management, would be a very good ides...is the arcade board jamma compliant? It should be, unless it's Naomi, in which case it's...JVS? compliant. Err, i've never actually looked up the board specs on Raidant Silvergun, so i dunno ^^;;;

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Testament/Seven7 wrote:Anywho, yeah, if it's that bad, then a re-wire, or at least wire management, would be a very good ides...is the arcade board jamma compliant? It should be, unless it's Naomi, in which case it's...JVS? compliant. Err, i've never actually looked up the board specs on Raidant Silvergun, so i dunno ^^;;;
RS is on Sega ST-V, which apparently is JAMMA compatible...
Sega ST-V Hardware

Also note that like RS for Saturn, the RS ST-V cart is expensive!!
Knoxximus wrote:It is just totally jacked. I got it for free when this new merchant bought out part of the Chinatown plaza and was cleaning out his inherited storage. Screen is totally ****, wires everywhere. I mean, I've wired up my own MAME cab just peachy, but this thing just needs an overhaul. I plan to get a new monitor eventually, but I just hope that that Sega arcade board is still functional.
Chinatown, eh? I'm near Chinatown!! :lol:
MentholMoose
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

MentholMoose wrote:
Testament/Seven7 wrote:Anywho, yeah, if it's that bad, then a re-wire, or at least wire management, would be a very good ides...is the arcade board jamma compliant? It should be, unless it's Naomi, in which case it's...JVS? compliant. Err, i've never actually looked up the board specs on Raidant Silvergun, so i dunno ^^;;;
RS is on Sega ST-V, which apparently is JAMMA compatible...
Sega ST-V Hardware

Also note that like RS for Saturn, the RS ST-V cart is expensive!!
Knoxximus wrote:It is just totally jacked. I got it for free when this new merchant bought out part of the Chinatown plaza and was cleaning out his inherited storage. Screen is totally ****, wires everywhere. I mean, I've wired up my own MAME cab just peachy, but this thing just needs an overhaul. I plan to get a new monitor eventually, but I just hope that that Sega arcade board is still functional.
Chinatown, eh? I'm near Chinatown!! :lol:
:lol:

Yeah, I got it from the Chinatown in Las Vegas. 8-)

And yeah, the cart is worth some BUCKS. :mrgreen:
MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Knoxximus wrote:Yeah, I got it from the Chinatown in Las Vegas. 8-)
D'oh! I'm actually working near the Los Angeles Chinatown. ;)
MentholMoose
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Knoxximus! Dang man! Radiant Silvergun. I've always wanted to paly that game. Looks great and I heard it rocked. Dood! Get that stuff hooked up. And you got it for free...you must've been a saint in a past life...for real. =P
"Nuh uh uh"
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

RVR - 42 wrote:Knoxximus! Dang man! Radiant Silvergun. I've always wanted to paly that game. Looks great and I heard it rocked. Dood! Get that stuff hooked up. And you got it for free...you must've been a saint in a past life...for real. =P
Haha! Sometimes I wonder, 'cause for the most part my luck is pretty good. 8-)

I'm busy with life in general right, but it is definitely in the top 10 of my "things to do when I finally get the time" list. :mrgreen:
circuscommando
Virtual-On Positive

Post by circuscommando »

yeah i have lots of projects like that; a book on how to build an arcade machine/cabinet/everything, an extra gameboy color (was going to backlight mod it then found out that wasn't possible), school finishing soon, computer games, all that.
RVR - 42
Virtual-On Positive

Post by RVR - 42 »

Knoxximus wrote:
RVR - 42 wrote:Knoxximus! Dang man! Radiant Silvergun. I've always wanted to paly that game. Looks great and I heard it rocked. Dood! Get that stuff hooked up. And you got it for free...you must've been a saint in a past life...for real. =P
Haha! Sometimes I wonder, 'cause for the most part my luck is pretty good. 8-)

I'm busy with life in general right, but it is definitely in the top 10 of my "things to do when I finally get the time" list. :mrgreen:
Awesome, awesome. I hear ya, on the life thing though. Geez...why does it get in the way all the time? LOL
"Nuh uh uh"
velocity7

Post by velocity7 »

http://kotaku.com/5220756/right-now-mic ... -for-japan

So at this time of writing, Microsoft is showcasing 31 games for Xbox 360. And on the list is none other than Virtual On, which now has a confirmed April 29 release date.

Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

Damn it! I feel like banging my head on a wall bco my 360 died of RROD just last nite! Sigh... I wont be getting that until the 2nd wk of April. So mad!!! :evil:
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

To reitierate, April 29 is the JPN release date. Hopefully other territories get it soon thereafter.
Knoxximus
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Knoxximus »

Davo87 wrote:Damn it! I feel like banging my head on a wall bco my 360 died of RROD just last nite! Sigh... I wont be getting that until the 2nd wk of April. So mad!!! :evil:
Huh? As of right now, it's already like the 3rd week of April! :shock:

You meant next year? Like April 2010? :lol:
Davo87
Virtual-On Positive

Post by Davo87 »

I mean 3rd wk of May. Gosh I said those words... The feeling of sudden loss is too great.
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

correct me if i'm wrong, but don't release dates on XBLA have to be simultaneous?

I'm getting my HDD soon, and i have a point card nice and ready, so woot for voot ^^.

I also scored a copy of Dark Sector for $5, and a working computer (if not abit older) for $9, so i'm a tad giddy about all that still ^^

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

Hmm, it's almost time to buy an Xbox 360! However, I'm going on vacation in early May, so I will miss out on a couple weeks of VOOT action (I dunno if I want to drag a new Xbox 360 and Twin Sticks to China :lol: ).
MentholMoose
Testament/Seven7
Virtual-On Positive

MentholMoose wrote:Hmm, it's almost time to buy an Xbox 360! However, I'm going on vacation in early May, so I will miss out on a couple weeks of VOOT action (I dunno if I want to drag a new Xbox 360 and Twin Sticks to China :lol: ).
you could probrably drag some twinsticks back from china. ^^ Alot of auctions you see on ebay are from overseas, hong-kong and tokyo etc etc...you might get lucky. ^^

MentholMoose
Virtual-On Positive

Post by MentholMoose »

The official blog was updated to confirm the date.
http://vo-ot360.sega.jp/column.html

No mention of Twin Sticks. :(
MentholMoose